Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual Newly Updated
Subject: House & Home
hardcover | 528 pages | 11 X 8.5
Publication Date: 2014-10-07
The bestselling, most comprehensive guide to home improvements has
been revised and updated once again since it's revision in 2005.
Over 10 million copies of READER’S DIGEST COMPLETE DO-IT-YOURSELF
MANUAL have been sold since it's original publication in 1973. In
2005, the manual got bigger and better than ever, when The Family
Handyman and Reader’s Digest joined forces and completely revised,
updated, rewrote, and redesigned this home improvement classic. Now
in 2014, The Family Handyman has once again updated and revised this
do-it-yourself classic to make it relevant to today’s homeowners and
DIYers. Written in a style of text that addresses readers in a very
accessible, conversational tone for easy, user-friendly assistance
with every do-it-yourself task. All instructions and materials have
been updated to address current codes (electrical, plumbing and
building), and revised to indicate the very latest in materials,
tools, and technology.
Suitable for beginners and experts alike, this newly revised edition includes:
• Over 3,000 photos and illustrations to make complex projects and repairs easy to understand
• Twice as many storage projects that help home owners cut clutter
• New building materials that yield great-looking, long-lasting results—and low maintenance!
• New technology that lets homeowners save energy, add convenience or improve security.
• New building codes that make homes safer, more energy-efficient and trouble-free. The book’s tried-and-true instructions provide do-it-yourself solutions to a ton of problems that could cost a fortune if you had to hire a professional.
This manual is a “must-have” reference guide for every home-owning man or woman.