The Way of the SEAL, Updated and Expanded Edition
Want to be tough? Cool under fire? Able to sense danger before it's too late? In The Way of the SEAL, Updated and Expanded Edition, retired Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine reveals exercises, meditations, and focusing techniques to train your mind for mental toughness, emotional resilience, and uncanny intuition. Along the way, you'll reaffirm your ultimate purpose, define your most important goals, and take concrete steps to make them happen.
A practical guide for businesspeople (or indeed anyone) who need to know the secrets to success, the book will teach you how to:
- Lead from the front, so that others want to work for you
- Practice front sight focus, the radical ability to focus on one thing until victory is achieved
- Think offense, all the time, to eradicate fear and indecisiveness
- Smash the box and be an unconventional thinker so you are never thrown off-guard by chaotic conditions
- Access your intuition so you can make "hard right" decisions
- Achieve twenty times more than you think you can
In this updated and expanded edition, two timely new chapters apply the principles to leading in an ever-accelerating world and leading in teams. Plus, new key takeaways distill the principles in the book into easier-to-use chunks.
Blending the tactics he learned from America's elite force with lessons from the Spartans, samurai, Apache scouts, and other great warrior traditions, Mark Divine has distilled the fundamentals of success into eight powerful principles that will transform you into the leader you always knew you could be. Learn to think like a SEAL and take charge of your destiny at work, at home, and at life.