Run Your Fat Off
Based on the latest research, RUN YOUR FAT OFF gives everyone—men and women, marathon runners to casual runners to nonrunners—a personalized plan on the best running workouts to lose the most weight.
Running burns more calories than any other physical activity, making it the most effective weight loss strategy. Running is accessible to everyone in the world, and is second only to walking as the most popular physical activity in America. As any overweight, out-of-shape person who's tried running will tell you, running is also one of the best ways to get in shape.
Despite its effectiveness, running has been largely ignored by the weight loss experts. Until now. Blending author Dr. Jason R. Karp's unique expertise as a researcher, running coach, and lifelong runner into a practical running program, Run Your Fat Off includes:
- day-by-day running workouts for beginners, intermediate, and advanced runners that detail the most effective mix of runs for weight loss (i.e., long runs, fast runs, hill runs, interval runs, etc.)
- 6 phases per level that allow runners to progress at their own pace, depending upon fitness level and weight loss goals
- drills to perfect your running technique so that you can burn more calories
- an eating plan that emphasizes the right mix of nutrients to fuel your runs without adding calories, complete with easy-to-prepare meals and recipes
- a special section for beginners on how to start running and not be intimidated
Unlike other running books, Run Your Fat Off focuses on the best ways to run to lose weight. And unlike other weight loss books, Run Your Fat Off focuses on the most effective weight loss activity, running. Featuring success stories from people who have lost weight and changed their lives through running, Run Your Fat Off combines two of America's leading obsessions into one effective plan.